|Electronic Dissemination Policy|
Electronic Information Dissemination Policy
It is the mission of the Ruth Keeler Memorial Library to be an educational and cultural center for the North Salem community, to promote the joy of reading and to offer art and cultural events in a welcoming environment. One way that the library fulfills this mission is to inform the community through use of email contact and a library webpage.
It is the policy of the library to
· Keep an ongoing list of patron email addresses or other forms of electronic communication to which library and community announcements will be periodically sent.
· Respect the privacy of the email subscriber by not sharing email addresses and by allowing email recipients to opt out at any time.
· Help promote the exchange of information from other North Salem community organizations and groups whenever possible. In this regard, the library retains the right to
o Decide whether a community announcement is appropriate to disseminate;
o Edit an announcement in accordance with the library’s policy.
Community announcements should follow the library’s policies, specifically:
· Announcements that solicit funds must be for donations, membership fees, fund-raising activities and/or the sale of promotional, educational and cultural material of the sponsoring North Salem organization, non-profit, community service and/or charitable organization.
· No business or individual announcements will be allowed. No commercial use will be allowed. Commercial or for-profit organizations intending to promote educational material/information must first obtain clearance from the library director.
· The library director retains the sole right to access the library’s website. Access may be given only to a library employee or trustee and solely at the discretion of the director for a specific purpose. The library director must approve any material added to the library’s website or included in electronic communication with patrons.